Sunday and Monday January 13th and 14th, Remembering What It's About!

It was great to go to church Sunday morning!  It seems with the holidays and traveling, we have missed church a few Sundays and we have really missed the corporate aspect of worship.   With more upsetting news from our different St. Jude friends and walking our own path with cancer, we can get caught up in the day to day struggles and fear can consume our thoughts and lives.  There is nothing productive that can come from fear and worrying and if anything, it makes things worse.

We were reminded that God is in control and that he will never leave us. We sang "You Never Let Go" (which is a very special song to our family) plus a few other songs that spoke straight to my heart about the fear I have about Ingram's cancer.  With his next set of scans approaching on January 24th, even with our all distractions, I've been getting nervous, anxious, scared, worried, whatever you want to call it, about what the results will be and not fully remembering the God is the one who loves Ingram the most and that maybe it's time for us, rather, time for me, to just "Be still and know that I am God" as is said in Psalms 46:10. 

A couple more verses that came to me were Isaiah 49:15, 16 where it says "I will not forget you.  Behold I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands" and Philippians 4:6-9 that says "Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything by prayer and petitions, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.  What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me- practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

The front card on my little stack of verses was one of my favorites and I don't always focus on them as long as I probably should; it seems that there is always something to do at the house that gets me sidetracked.  It said "Now may the God of Hope fill you with all Joy and peace in believing that you may abound in Hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  What is even more amazing is that I was reminded of this again by a sweet friend when she dropped off a note in my mailbox.  Included in the note was a bookmark that had Romans 15:13 written on it; it said "HOPE, May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy and Peace as you trust in HIM."  It seems God used my sweet friend to remind me once again of our need, my need, to take time out from my busy schedule and to spend time with Him so that I can face each day as it comes with His Hope, His Joy, and His Peace. 


Given To Us By Dear Friends A While Back And
A Very Easy Way To Have Scripture Always Around!
(the reference was a misprint and should have said Romans instead of Psalms) 


I Don't Think This Was A Coincidence...It Was A God Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment