Monday August 13th, A Rainy Day


We woke up to rain this morning and it was so peaceful and quiet.  The rain was so pretty too with just the perfect amount to water the trees, the grass, and the flowers (but not floooding the yard at the same time).  Madison was ready and made the bus, but Lindsey wanted me to braid her hair and rode with the Wests about 15 minutes later.  It's great to have 3 sets of neighbors who all pass in front of our house on their way to school for mornings like these!

Since we didn't have to go to St. Jude this morning and it was raining, we declared it a pajama day and started painting right after Ingram attempted to eat breakfast.  We painted the front door which is really windows with a doorknob then moved to the counter to paint some more.  He went through two shirts in just a couple hours; but hey, what's two shirts when you add them into the other three loads of laundry to do today?

We also played outside, played inside, and played some more.  We did so much playing that when it was time for bed, he was ready to drift off...after he played some more.  We go to St. Jude first thing in the morning to get accessed and do labs.  It's been fun without a butterfly for 4 days, but I'm thinking that tomorrow night we won't be taking a bath because they're going to want to check labs again on Thursday.   Guess we'll just have to avoid the tub again...pretty sure we can handle that!

We do have a prayer request to start off the week...Landan, Ingram's friend that's his age and that we play with quite a bit, is back home in Missouri.  His trial of chemotherapy didn't work on his tumor and it's actually progressing fairly rapidly.  We (along with his family) are asking for prayers for healing, peace, and comfort for Landan and his family as they (in his mother's words) "spend every second we have together just enjoying each other and having as much fun as possible.  We are not giving up and are praying for a miracle and would greatly appreciate the same from all of you!" 

Cancer is an ugly beast, but we are reminded every day of God's greatness and His love for us.  Just yesterday in church we sang our family's favorite song (with tears streaming down my cheeks) and it reminded me that God's got this...no matter what happens.  He will get us through every step of our journey and for that I'm grateful.  This is the same song that got our family through so much 5 years ago with Craig's heart; we were never without God during all of the uncertainty back then and He has not left us during our current storm either.  He never lets go!  Some of the song goes...

Even though I walk
Through the valley
Of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.

And even when I'm caught
In the middle
Of the storms of this life,
I won't turn back, I know You are near.

For I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh, no.
You never let go.
Through the calm, and through the storm

Oh, no.
You never let go.
In every high and every low.

Oh, no.
You never let go,
Lord, You never let go of me.

And I can see a light
That is coming
For the heart that holds on,
A glorious light beyond all compare.

And there will be an end
To these troubles
But until that day comes,
Still I will praise You.
Still I will praise You.



Starting out our rainy day painting the windows...in our pajamas!
So the sun came out and we went swinging...in our pajamas!

Bathtime was the only reason he took off his pajamas!
Notice the red paint on his shirt...hope it comes out!

3 comments:

  1. We want Ingram to come to California sometime to paint our doors and windows, too. We have about 40 windows in our house, so he better make it an extended trip.
    Love :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post... and loving the pictures. You all stay strong and have fun too. (Bunny and Larry)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I love that song, too. Miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete